1. In order to access SOLUS, you will need a Queen's NetID. To obtain a NetID, you will need to do the following:
2. Instructions to login to SOLUS are available on the Registrar's website.
3. Review your To Do List on SOLUS. Your To Do List is on your SOLUS account. This is where you will review what we need you to do to complete your application. Please check SOLUS and the To Do List often, as we may make changes to your To Do List as we assess your application.
4. Applicants to the Bachelor of Music (B.Mus.) program should book an audition..
5. Submit your Personal Statement of Experience (PSE) and Supplementary Essay (if it is required) by the due date of February 15, 2014 and no later than March 1, 2014. The PSE system may be accessed from SOLUS.
|To submit your PSE, go to your SOLUS Student Center. Under the heading, Admissions, click on Personal Statement of Experience and Supplementary Essay (if applicable).|
Please note: We will be making a limited number of early offers of admission (by January 15). If you wish to be considered for an early offer of admission, please submit your PSE and Supplementary Essay (if it is required) as soon as possible and ensure you have completed all the items on your To Do List on SOLUS. We will continue to assess applications for admission decisions until May 16.
We encourage you to work on your PSE and Supplementary Essay (if required), by using the Practice PSE .
6. Submit a 2014-15 Admission Bursary Application as soon as possible. The last date to apply is February 15, 2014. An admission bursary is a non-repayable grant based on an assessment of your financial need. The Admission Bursary Application is accessed via SOLUS. Visit the Student Awards Website for more information about financing your education at Queen's. Each year, Queen's provides more than $22 million in student financial assistance in the form of need-based and merit-based assistance. Financial assistance is available upon admission and throughout the years you study at Queen's.
7. We will continue to email you throughout the year. To make it easy for you, we will use the email address you supplied on your OUAC application. We will not communicate on Queen's email at this time.
8. Why not visit our campus? Arrangements to book a Campus Tour may be made by visiting our website or by calling 613.533.2217. If you can't visit us in person, please visit our web site www.queensu.ca/admission .
9. Study hard and have a great year!