Undergraduate Admission


Undergraduate Admission

site header

Upper-Year Students from other Post-Secondary Institutions

You are an upper-year student if you are a:

  • Student who has attempted a minimum of 24.0 units (or equivalent) at another accredited university or college with a university transfer program. (24.0 Queen's units are typically 4 full-year courses (one course taken over two terms) or 8 one-term only courses. Upper-year candidates have generally attended university for a minimum of 2 terms taking academic courses.
  • University graduate applying to do a second undergraduate degree program
  • Ontario community college student who is in a three-year diploma program and will be graduating
  • CEGEP student who is in the final year of a three-year professional/career program who will be receiving a DEC
  • Graduate from a three-year professional/career CEGEP program


  • ENGINEERING:  need to have completed at the university level at least 6 of the 11 courses common to Queen's first-year Engineering (basically two semesters of each of Calculus, Chemistry and Physics)
  • NURSING:  entry into the 4-year Nursing program is possible only into first-year

You are a first-year student if you do not satisfy any of the above criteria. 

Information on how to apply to first year can be found here