Activating your NetID
Please note: In order to follow these instructions through the setup process, you will need to use multiple browser windows, or you may want to print off these instructions for your reference.
1. Go to NetID Account Activation
2. Enter your student number and date of birth. If you do not remember your student number, you can call our Contact Centre at 1.800.267.7837 (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ET) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Check the box beside “I have read & accept the Computer User Code of Ethics” and click Continue.
4. Enter an alternate email address that does not end with “@queensu.ca.” This is optional, but recommended. If you do not provide an alternate email address, you will not be able to use the Self-Service Password Reset Tool if you ever forget your password in the future.
5. Answer at least three of the challenge questions. These questions are used for the Self-Service Password Reset Tool only. You will NEVER be asked for your answers by email, by a person, or by telephone.
6. In the next step, you are given the option to set up your alumni email service.
If you choose to do so, you will also need to indicate if you wish to exclude your name and email address from being displayed the Queen’s Alumni Global Address List (AGAL). By default, this information is available to all Queen’s alumni using the email service. This list is not accessible to Queen's faculty, staff or students. (Note that you can change this setting at any time in the NetID Profile Manager.)
7. Enter a strong password and re-enter it to confirm it.
8. Review the information that you have provided on the confirmation screen. Copy your NetID in a safe place. For your security, do not save your password with your NetID.
9. Click the Activate NetID button to continue. You will see a confirmation message that your NetID has been activated, and an email notification will be sent to you as well.
Note that some services will be available immediately, while others will take a little longer to become available. For example, activation of your email service will be processed within 24 hours.
Once you have completed the activation process, you have a number of options:
- You can manage your NetID account and email settings, and create your email alias by logging into the NetID Profile Manager. You can also go to the Email Service section to check to see if your email account is available. (Note that your email alias is not dependent on the activation your email account and can be created before it is available.)
- Once your email account is set up, you can access it by logging into Outlook Web App.
- You will be able to access SOLUS immediately by logging intoMyQueensU with your NetID.