We're happy to answer any questions you have about our online courses and programs.
Certificate in Academic Writing
Our new Certificate in Academic Writing* offers Distance students the opportunity to enhance and accredit their writing skills, enabling them to communicate effectively and prepare for future writing tasks in both academic and professional contexts.
This certificate program consists of 12.0 units of degree-credit courses. 6.0 of these units are required courses, while the other 6.0 units can be selected from the option courses described below.
* Available to Distance Students only.
Core courses (6.0 units) offered online
Choose one of the following two courses:
- WRIT 120 (3.0 units): Fundamentals of Effective Writing
- WRIT 125 (3.0 units): Fundamentals of Academic Essay-Writing
Plus the following course:
- WRIT 225 (3.0 units): Writing in Academic Contexts
Option courses (6.0 units) offered online
Choose two of the following three courses:
- WRIT 240 (3.0 units): Writing for Social Media and the Web
- WRIT 265 (3.0 units): Editing in Academic and Professional Contexts
- WRIT 290 (3.0 units): Writing Literary Non-Fiction
You may choose to substitute 3.0 units of WRIT option courses above with 3.0 units of the following courses: