A graduate student may register as inactive if permitted by the School of Graduate Studies to discontinue studies temporarily for personal or other reasons. Permission may be granted only if, on return, the student will still be able to complete the degree program requirements within the allowed time (see Time Limits for Completion of Programs).
INACTIVE STATUS NOTES
1. An inactive student will not always be excused term fees. However, all students who are inactive due to maternity/parental leave, or medical leave will be excused term fees.
2. An inactive international student will pay the same fee as that required from a Canadian student. However, all students who are inactive due to maternity/parental leave, or medical leave will be excused term fees.
3. For conditions of Maternity/Parental leave, see Maternity and Parental Leave
4. For conditions of Medical Leave, see Medical Leave for Graduate Students.
5. A change of status to inactive may also impact repayment requirements of any student loan that the student currently receives or has ever received, including any provincial and/or federal student loans, or loans from any other student loan provider. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of how a status change to inactive impacts any student loan(s).