Faith Group Descriptions
Queen's University Human Rights Office multifaith calendar
BBC MultiFaith Page- This is a very comprehensive list of faiths and their beliefs. Think you have it all figured out? Try the Quiz section.
- The ideas and story of people who don't believe in God.
- One of the youngest of the world's major religions.
- A way of living based on the teachings of Siddartha Gautama.
- A religion based on African beliefs, originating in Brazil.
- The world's biggest faith, based on the teaching of Jesus Christ.
- A group of faiths rooted in the religious ideas of India.
- Revealed in its final form by the Prophet Muhammad.
- An ancient philosophy and ethical teaching that originated in India.
- A Christian-based evangelistic religious movement.
- Based around the Jewish people's covenant relationship with God.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Contemporary religions usually based on reverence for nature.
- A young religion based on Marcus Garvey's philosophies.
- Afro-Caribbean syncretic religion originating in Cuba.
- Japanese folk tradition and ritual with no founder or single sacred scripture.
- The religion founded by Guru Nanak in India in the 15th Century CE.
- An ancient tradition of philosophy and belief rooted in Chinese worldview.
- An open-minded and individualistic approach to religion.
- One of the oldest monotheistic faiths, founded by the prophet Zoroaster.