Post-Doctoral Fellowship –Cancer Care & Epidemiology, Queen’s University Cancer Research Institute
12 month full time contract opportunity for a Post-Doctoral Fellow to work in oncology health services research knowledge translation (KT).
Working under the supervision of the principal investigator (PI) Dr. Patti Groome, the Post-Doctoral Fellow will assist with the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of a number of research projects in the area of KT in cancer system-related health services, specifically as it relates to primary care.
•Developing research strategies to study the translation of relevant knowledge from research findings to the primary and oncology health care settings.
• Producing evidence-based products for informing and disseminating research findings about integration of primary and specialist care during the cancer diagnostic period.
• Working collaboratively with other members of the research team.
•Recent (<36 months) PhD graduate in epidemiology.
• Working knowledge of cancer health services research and demonstrated interest in knowledge translation.
• Excellent analytical skills; experience with methodological development, manipulation and analysis of statistical data; ability to interpret statistical results and tables.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in common statistical packages (SAS, SPSS) and Microsoft Office.
• Strong writing skills; ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly; ability to prepare statistical and descriptive reports for stakeholders.
•Maintains current knowledge about analytical techniques in population health research.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to work under pressures and to meet deadlines.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resumé and cover letter to by 5 pm on April 5, 2013 to Jenn O’Donnell (CCE-Administrative Assistant at email@example.com