Queen’s University and United Steelworkers (USW) Local 2010, Unit 01, representing academic assistants ratified their tentative agreement earlier this week.
The new four-year agreement will expire on Aug. 31, 2020. Highlights includes:
- Four-year agreement: September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2020
- A one-time lump-sum payment to eligible employees within 90 days of ratification:
- An increase of 1 per cent to the minimum hourly rate, effective Sept. 1, 2017.
- An increase of 1.25 per cent to the minimum hourly rate, effective Sept. 1, 2018.
- An increase of 1.25 per cent to the minimum hourly rate, effective Sept. 1, 2019.
Negotiations between Queen’s and USW Local 2010, Unit 01, began on June 2, 2016. Bargaining took place over one full-day session and three half-day sessions. There were also four full-day bargaining sessions conducted with the assistance of a provincially appointed conciliator.
The university values the contributions of its many employees and remains committed to the collective bargaining process.