Queen’s University and the Public Service Alliance of Canada and its Local 901 (Unit 2), which represents post-doctoral fellows, have successfully ratified a tentative agreement to renew their collective agreement.
The renewed collective agreement has a four-year term and will expire on June 30, 2020. Highlights include:
- An initial wage increase of 1.0 per cent effective April 1, 2017, with a corresponding increase of the minimum base salary to $32,496.
- Wage increase of 1.25 per cent effective July 1, 2017, with an increase of the minimum base salary to $34,000.
- Wage increase of 1.50 per cent effective July 1, 2018, with a corresponding increase of the minimum base salary to $34,600.
- Wage increase of 1.75 per cent effective July 1, 2019, with a corresponding increase of the minimum base salary to $34,900.
- A new childcare benefit plan for eligible employees, similar to childcare support plans enjoyed by other employee groups at Queen’s.
- A pilot project to facilitate direct access to family health-care services, benefitting employees and their family members, and to be delivered by the Queen’s Family Health Team.
Negotiations began in May 2016 and concluded in mid-February 2017 with the assistance of a Ministry of Labour-appointed conciliator.
The university values the contributions of its many employees and remains committed to the collective bargaining process.