What if the university and the union cannot reach agreement in conciliation?

The conciliation officer informs the Minister of Labour that the union and the university have been unable to agree on a collective agreement to that point in their negotiations. The conciliation officer asks the Minister of Labour to issue a “No Board” report. Seventeen days after the date of the No Board report becomes the “strike deadline” date – on or after that date, the union is legally allowed to call a strike, and the university is legally allowed to lock-out employees in the bargaining unit.

Posted in: FAQs: Collective Bargaining Negotiations

  • Facebook
  • Twitter