The Library and Archives Master Plan (LAMP) was approved by Queen’s Board of Trustees in December 2013. LAMP provides a framework that will guide the evolution of the Library and Archives facilities and services over the next twenty years, and includes high-level plans for changes that could be implemented within five years, with sufficient capital investment. The LAMP Steering Group played a key role in ensuring Queen’s community engagement in the development of the plan, and it was agreed that a similar body should be formed to help guide implementation.
- Promote the engagement of Queen’s communities in LAMP and its implementation.
- Provide feedback and advice regarding the implementation of specific aspects of LAMP and related funding opportunities.
- Engage with Advancement representatives and the Initiative Campaign cabinet in the development of fundraising plans.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic implementation updates to the Senate Library Committee and the Campus Planning Advisory Committee.
The committee is advisory to the Vice-Provost and University Librarian, who reports to the Provost.
- AMS representative (one-year term) – Colin Zarzour
- SGPS representative (one-year term) – Lorne Beswick
- Senate Library Committee Chair – Shelley King
- Curator of Special Collections – Alvan Bregman
- University Archivist – Paul Banfield
- Archivist (two-year term) – Jeremy Heil
- Librarian (two-year term) – Gillian Akenson
- Library Technician (two-year term) – Patrick Patterson
- Library Business Officer – Nancy Petri
- Library Communications Coordinator – TBA
- Advancement representative – Leigh Kalin
- Campus Planning Director – Yvonne Holland
- Vice-Provost and University Librarian (Chair) – Martha Whitehead
These terms of reference will be reviewed annually.