How to Apply
Application deadline is 31 January 2014. Applications are open for Sept 2014 start.
Thinking of applying to the Cultural Studies program?
If you are uncertain whether the Cultural Studies Program is right for you we can advise you before you make a formal application. Please go the Statement of Inquiry page (available August-November) and fill out and submit a Statement of Inquiry Form and include any questions you may have within the form.
Applicants to the Cultural Studies Masters program should refer to the faculty information in order to indicate EITHER what faculty member or members they are interested in working with OR the department or departments that fit most closely with their area of interest. PhD applicants should indicate the particular faculty member or members they are interested in working with.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to contact that person or persons and should indicate that they have done so; or write to the Program Coordinator email@example.com for advice.
- All applicants should submit an application through the online application available on theSchool of Graduate Studies website. Requirements for submitting transcripts and letters of reference are listed on the School of Graduate Studies website
- All applicants should submit a sample or written work, preferably a short research essay (aprox. 10 pages) to the address below
- All applicants should submit a Statement of Interest (aprox. 1-2 pages) to the address below
- Applicants for the project option please note: Masters or PhD students interested in cultural production in partial fulfillment of the project option of their degree should also send documentation of relevant productions to date on a CD/DVD to Cultural Studies Program Office, B408 Mackintosh-Corry Hall, Queen’s University,
Kingston, ON K7L 3N6
- Applicants to the masters program who wish to pursue community work in partial fulfillment of their degree requirements should provide a description of any relevant experience in their statement of interest
- PhD applicants who wish to pursue community work in partial fulfillment of their degree requirements should submit a curriculum vitae outlining relevant experience
- All eligible applicants should apply for funding.
Please send your writing sample, statement of interest, and CV (if applicable) in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about graduate studies at Queen's University and to access the online application service please see theSchool of Graduate Studies