Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Queen's Daycare Centre

  • Financial Assistance

Financial Assistance

Subsidized Child Care

Effective January 1, 2000, the City of Kingston pays up to 100% of the per diem costs of licensed Day Care depending on the individual family's circumstances. Parents should have receipts for all expenses being claimed on the subsidy application (i.e., rent, mortgage, heating, utilities, debts, medical and dental expenses).

It is the parent's/guardian's responsibility to ensure that their subsidy is approved and renewed when required and that they keep track of their Holiday and Sick Day use. Full fees will be charged for days used beyond the Subsidy Office maximum. Failure to maintain subsidy approval will result in a full fee billing. Eligibility for subsidy is determined by Family and Children's Services.

If you think you may qualify for a subsidy please indicate this when registering your child on the waiting list. When the Centre confirms that a space is available you will be asked to call the subsidy office to make an appointment. You will not be able to start until you have been seen by the subsidy office as they will not back date your eligibility.

Supporting Documentation

To assist in the processing of your application for subsidy, you will need to bring supporting documentation with you to your appointment at Children's Services. This includes:

  • family information
  • banking verification
  • updated monthly family income information
  • monthly expenses information

Children's Services will provide you with a complete list of the information they require.

Other Financial Assistance

When applying for OSAP, use the full fee costs as you estimate costs for child care in order that you will receive the maximum child care allowance.

  • Queen's University Registrar's Office (Student Awards)-Bursary assistance for student parents applying for OSAP.
  • Child Care Guide- Financial Resources Section
  • Ministry of Community and Social Services- Information about Family Benefits Assistance (also known as Mother's Allowance).
  • Children's Services - Contact for subsidy at (613) 546-2695.
  • Revenue Canada - Child Care Expenses Deduction information at (613) 545-8371.
  • Child Tax Benefit information line at 1-800-387-1193.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000