How to Apply
To apply to the Master's degree in Global Development Studies, applicants must complete the Queen's University School of Graduate Studies on-line application form. The application fee is $105.00. To complete your online application you will require the following:
- A short summary of the broad development themes, approaches and regions you are interested in studying.
Make sure you indicate clearly why you consider Global Development Studies at Queen’s a good place to pursue research in your main interest areas.
- Two academic referees: if you have been out of university for more than 5 years, one or more professional recommendations may be included. Once you submit your online application, each one of your referees will receive an email with a link to Queen's secure online reference form system.
- Information on all previous university-level studies, undergraduate and postgraduate (if applicable), even if the studies did not culminate in a degree.
In addition, you will need to send the following documents:
- Two copies of official transcripts from all university-level institutions you have previously attended.
- For non-English-speaking international students: TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB certificates of English-language competency. For more information, including how to request a waiver of the test (if applicable), visit
http://www.queensu.ca/sgs/prospective-students/preparing-graduate-studiesand click on English Language Requirements.
The mailing address is:
School of Graduate Studies
Gordon Hall Room 425
74 Union Street
Kingston, Ontario K7L 2N8
And you will need to email the following document to the
- A sample of academic writing, preferably a short research essay (approximately 10 pages) in PDF format.
The deadline for receiving complete applications is
January 31. Late applications may be considered on a case-by-case basis.