Rescuing Water in Catalonia: The Global Trend Towards Remunicipalization
Platform Aigua és Vida and Reclaiming Public Water invite you to learn more about the growing international trend towards remunicipalizing water, and what can be done to bring water services back into public hands in Catalonia.
WHERE: Headquarters of Comisions Obreres (Via laietana 16), Barcelona, Spain
WHEN: November 26, 2013, 18.30h
• Bruno Nguyen - Eau de Paris
• Dorothea Haerlin - Wasserstich Berlin
• Emilio Pachon - Aguas del Huesna (Seville)
• Lluc V. Pelaez - Mayor of Figaro-Montmany (Catalonia)
• Christa Hecht - Allianz der öffentlichen Wasserwirtschaft e.V.
• David McDonald, Queen's University (Canada)
Cities and towns around the world are taking back control of their water systems after failed attempts at privatization. The speakers will discuss the challenges and successes of the remunicipalization process, and what lessons there are to be learned in efforts to reclaim public water in Catalonia. The event will also be an opportunity to network with more than 50 international representatives of the Reclaiming Public Water network.