Directions to Queen's
- From Montréal
- West on Autoroute 720, then west on Autoroute 20, then west on Ontario's Highway 401
- About 290 km, or about 3 hours by car
- From Ottawa
- South on Highway 416, and west on Highway 401
- About 200 km, or about 2 hours by car
- From Toronto
- East on Highway 401
- About 260 km, or about 2.75 hours by car
- From Syracuse
- North on I-81 to the border of Canada
- West on Thousand Islands Bridge to Highway 401
- West on Highway 401
- About 215 km, or about 2.5 hours by car
Exit: Follow Highway 401 to Kingston and exit south on Sir John A. Macdonald Blvd. (exit 615).
Follow this street south to Union Street, which is at the eighth set of traffic lights.
Turn left onto Union and continue for approximately 10 blocks to the Queen's campus.
- Paid underground parking for visitors to the main campus of Queen's University is available in the parking garage located at the corner of University Avenue and Stuart Street as well as the Queen’s Centre parking garage (enter from Division Street). Go to the campus map and select the "Parking" box to view locations...
- Pay and display parking areas:
- On main campus, metered City of Kingston parking is available along many streets (eg. parts of Union Street, Alfred Street, Clergy Street, Stuart Street and more), and in the parking lot located at Barrie Street and King Street
- Visitors to west campus may park in the pay and display area south of McArthur Hall
- Limited parking is available to visitors to the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts
- Free parking is also available along some city streets (with time restrictions)
By Train, Bus, or Air (and Taxi)
- Train service to Kingston arrives at the Kingston VIA Rail Station. (Train service is available from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal)
- Bus service arrives at the John Counter Blvd Bus Terminal (Bus service is available from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal)
- Flights arrive at Kingston's Norman Rogers Airport
- The Queen's campus is about a $15-20 taxi ride from the train station, bus terminal and airport. Allow for 15-20 minutes travel time during peak periods.
Finding Kingston, Ontario, Canada: select image for larger view.