Queen's University Drama
Update June. 2015
Drama 247 is credit / non-credit (pass/fail) practicum. 1.5 Units
in Drama 247 involves a commitment to a minimum
thirty six (48) hours of production work over the course of the academic year. This may require 2 projects.
Contact info: Adair Redish. Office: Rm 108A. email: email@example.com
There are several types of projects available for Dram 247
1. Show crew position:
Lighting, sound, video, costume running crew, stage crew etc.
2. Production crew position: ASM, costume, carpentry, paint or props
3. Front-of-house position: Front-of-house Manager. Marketing Manager. Box Office Manager.
4. Production Team
Leader: Stage Manager, Head of Lighting, Carpentry, Scenic Paint, Video, Sound, Props,
Furniture/Set-dressing, Costumes, Hair/Make-up,
Puppets or Special Effects etc.
5. Producer, Production Manager, Technical Director.
6. Performer: Actor, Dancer, Singer etc.
7. Director, Choreographer, Music Director etc.
8. Producing Playwright., Dramaturge
9. Designer: Set, costumes, lighting, sound,
10. Any of the above positions as an assistant.
Eligible Production Companies: The list of eligible companies for dram247
is unlimited. From Drama Department shows to Drama Studio Series shows. Student companies to professional theatre companies, non-traditional
projects to coaching/working with High-school students' projects, the list is endless. Bring us a proposal and we'll try to approve
it. Remember it must relate to production and you will need a team leader / supervisor and Drama Faculty member to sign off.