Courses in Radiological Physics were first offered to medical students at Queen's in 1920 in the university's Physics Department.
The current Department of Diagnostic Radiology traces its origins to 1931 when W.A. Jones was appointed the first Head of X-Ray and Physical Therapy in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
The Department of Diagnostic Radiology's clinical role is to provide consultative interpretations of imaging studies to primary care physicians and consultants in the Greater Kingston Area and, for some services, to those in Southeastern Ontario. These services are provided through the Department of Imaging Services at Kingston General Hospital (KGH), Hotel Dieu Hospital, and the Providence Continuing Care Centre - St. Mary's of the Lake site. The Department also collaborates in the provision of interventional therapies, such as neuro-radiation therapy.
Learn more about the Department of Diagnostic Radiology...