Completed in 1912, Nicol Hall houses various Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science departments.
During the First World War, the attic of Nicol Hall was used as an army barracks (see Wartime at Queen's).
It is named after William Nicol, Queen's first professor of Metallurgy and Mining, and also the person who donated the funds for the building's construction.
An addition to the rear of Nicol Hall was built in 1930 and extensively renovated in 1961.
Nicol Hall, like Gordon Hall, is built on the site of an old practice field.