The Kingston Women's Medical College, affiliated with Queen's, was established in 1883 and ran until 1894. It was founded after disgruntled male students forced women out of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Kingston, an early incarnation of Queen's Faculty of Medicine.
The college was originally located in the west wing of Kingston City Hall and had a dissecting room just under the old building's dome. It moved to a house at 75 Union Street in 1890. The college folded for lack of students in 1894, as the small number of women studying medicine in Canada were increasingly attracted to medical schools in Toronto and Montreal.
Women were not re-admitted to medical studies at Queen's until 1943.