Dr Robert G. May
Undergraduate Studies Office: Watson 409
Office Hours: Tues. and Wed. 1:00–2:30, or by appointment
E-mail: E-mail queries about the undergraduate program in English should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modern Canadian poetry in English, especially F. R. Scott and the Montréal poets; contemporary Canadian poetry in English, especially John Barton and Gary Geddes; human rights and social justice writing; LGBTQ theory and literatures.
- “ ‘The selfsame welkin ringing’: F. R. Scott and the Rewriting of “O Canada,” Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews 74 (2014): 12–29.
- “F. R. Scott, the FLQ, and the October Crisis,” Quebec Studies 55 (2013): 119–33, print.
- Editorial Advisory Board, A Canadian Writer’s Reference, by Diana Hacker and Nancy Sommers, 5th ed. (Boston and New York: Bedford/St Martin’s, 2011), print.
- Editor, Duncan Campbell Scott’s In the Village of Viger: A Critical Edition (Ottawa: Tecumseh, 2010), print.
- Editor, Gary Geddes: Essays on His Works (Toronto: Guernica, 2010), print.
- “The Third Partner: John Barton and the Poetry of AIDS,” Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews 61 (2007): 36–54, print.
- “ ‘Moving from Face to Place’: Landscape and Longing in the Poetry of John Barton,” Studies in Canadian Literature 30 (2005): 245–69, print.