Dr Tracy Ware
PhD Western Ontario
Office: Watson 404
Office Hours: Tuesdays 10:00–12:00 (fall term only)
Canadian literature, Romanticism past and present.
- Editor, Susan Frances Harrison, Crowded Out! and Other Sketches (Ottawa: Tecumseh, 2011).
- Editor, Charles G. D. Roberts’s Songs of the Common Day and Ave! An Ode for the Shelley Centenary: http://uwo.ca/english/canadianpoetry/confederation/roberts.htm
- “ ‘And they may get it wrong, after all’: Reading Munro’s ‘Meneseteung,’ ” National Plots: Interrogation, Revision, and Re-Inscription in Canadian Historical Fiction, 1832–2005, ed. Andrea Cabajasky and Brett Josef Grubisic (Waterloo: Wilfrid Laurier UP, 2009).
- “West Coast Nocturnes: Birney’s David and Other Poems,” Canadian Poetry: Studies, Documents, Reviews 63 (2008): 18–36.
- “English-Canadian Literature, 1867–1918: The Making of a Nation,” History of Literature in Canada: English-Canadian and French-Canadian, 3d. Reingard M. Nischik (Rochester, NY: Camden House, 2008) 113–26.
- “Purdy, Solecki, and Canadian Tradition,” The Ivory Thought: Essays on Al Purdy, ed. Gerald Lynch et al., Reappraisals (Ottawa: U of Ottawa P, 2008) 227–38.
- “Byron’s Influence on Early Canadian Literature,” Byron: Heritage and Legacy, ed. Cheryl A. Wilson (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008) 25–34.
Author of articles on the Canadian canon, the writing of Canadian literary history, the Confederation poets, and such authors as Wordsworth, Shelley, Poe, Naipaul, and Keneally in journals such as Studies in Romanticism, SEL, Philological Quarterly, Nineteenth-Century Literature,Canadian Literature, Ariel, and Studies in Short Fiction. Editor of The Uncollected Stories of Duncan Campbell Scott (Canadian Poetry Press, 2001), A Northern Romanticism: Poets of the Confederation (Tecumseh, 2000) and, Levi Adams, Jean Baptiste (Canadian Poetry Press, 1996). Member of the editorial board of Canadian Poetry. Québec representative, CACLALS executive, 1992-94. Member of Gabrielle Roy prize committee, ACQL, 1993. Referee for Mosaic, Antipodes, Dalhousie Review, Queen’s Quarterly, ECW, PMLA, South Atlantic Review, American Review of Canadian Studies, University of Ottawa Press, McGill-Queen’s University Press, and the University of Toronto Press.
Winner of W. J. Barnes (ASUS) Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1997.