ePOWER members include Queen’s faculty, postdoctoral fellows, engineers and graduate students.
Interdisciplinary work also draws members from other Queen’s departments, including those in the Faculty of Applied Science and the School of Business.
Visiting and collaborating researchers are drawn from academic partners including the University of Toronto, the University of Waterloo and the University of Western Ontario.
Visiting researchers are also be drawn from industrial partners, including Astec, AMD, CHiL Semiconductor, Cistel Technology, EION Network, Honeywell, IE Power, and Nortel Networks.
International visitors are also anticipated. ePOWER has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Cranfield University, UK, and has established collaborative relationships with the University of Sydney, Australia, and the Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India. Collaborative links are also being pursued with the Anhui University of Technology, Ma'anshan, China. It is expected that the Centre will seek further international collaboration.
Current research collaborators include:
Dr. Steven Harrison
• Director of the Queen’s University Solar Calorimetry Lab (SCL) and Professor of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
• Over 30 years of experience in the development and evaluation of solar energy equipment
• His patented innovations in solar hot water technology resulted in the development of a solar domestic hot water heater product now being sold on the North American market by EnerWorks
• Founder of the Queen's University Solar Vehicle Team, and as such, has led the team since 1988 in the design, construction and racing of solar vehicles in national and international competitions
Dr. Gerasimos Moschopoulos
• Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Western Ontario
• Design Engineer with Advanced Power Systems Division of Nortel from 1996-8
• Publications include 14 articles in peer-reviewed journals and 45 articles in peer-reviewed conference proceedings
• Reviewer for eight journals and five conferences and symposia
• Member of the Program Committee for the IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference and the IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference
• Member of the Power Sources Manufacturers Association-Education Committee and the Professional Engineers of Ontario
Dr. Kumaraswamy Ponnambalam
• Professor and Associate Chair for Graduate Studies in the Department of Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo
• Recipient of $800,000 CITO (OCE) Industrial Research Grant
• Publications include 39 articles in refereed journals and 9 chapters in refereed books
• Invited speaker at a number of conferences, including International Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications and the Canadian Operational Research Society/Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
• Founding faculty member of the Consortium for Software Engineering Research, funded on the order of $18 million by NSERC and five major corporations, IBM, OTI, NORTEL, BELL, and MITEL
Dr. Francis P. Dawson
• Professor in the Energy Systems Group in the Edward S. Rogers Sr. Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Toronto
• BSc in Physics (1978), BASc (1982), MASc (1985) and PhD (1988) in Electrical Engineering from the University of Toronto
• Member of the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario
• Consultant or project leader in several industrial projects