First Peoples Talking Circle
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Room: Robert Sutherland Room
Find on Campus Map
This First Peoples Talking Circle has been designed with local input from the Indigenous community and will be facilitated by Three Things Consulting, an Indigenous owned company who works nationally on reconciliation projects and calls Kingston home.
This is part of a larger process being facilitated by the City of Kingston that supports all professionals, community members, and specific populations, (youth, newcomers, seniors, business leaders etc.) with an opportunity to build their awareness, understanding and competency as they walk towards the path of reconciliation. Each Talking Circle is designed to provide participants with an awareness of Indigenous cultures and beliefs, history of Indigenous peoples’ movements prior to European settlement and encouraging the development of mutual awareness, understanding, and appreciation among all participants.
Key areas that will be focused on include:
- The Indigenous peoples of Canada (with a focus on Kingston and surrounding Territories)
- Cultural differences in community, communication, and collaboration
- Myths and facts driving relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Kingston and throughout Canada
- Ideas, experiences, and input into putting Reconciliation into action across the Kingston region
Registration is mandatory to participate in this event, and priority will be given to participants who have not joined previous Talking Circles.
- If this event listing appears to have errors or inaccuracies, please notify the event's Contact (see above).