Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Are you a non-Canadian who has been offered a faculty appointment at Queen's University?

To start your new appointment you must first obtain the appropriate official documentation to enter Canada and to begin working at Queen's University.

Some questions you should consider as you prepare for your appointment at Queen's:

  • Where can you apply? (At the border or at a Canadian visa office in your country of origin or residence?)
  • What documentation is required for your particular situation?(requirements can vary significantly depending on your country of origin)
  • Where can you get help in your language to ensure your application is complete?
  • Will you need a medical?
  • Where can you find out if you might be inadmissible to Canada?

Review the web links to the Citizenship and Immigration website that will help you answer these questions under First Steps to Immigration.

Carefully read and follow all documentation you receive from Queen's and Citizenship and Immigration Canada. If you have questions about starting at Queen's, contact the Faculty Recruitment and Support Program.

As per your letter of appointment, it is your responsibility to maintain your immigration status by initiating, as soon as possible after taking up your appointment, an application for Permanent Resident status.

Contact us at: Monica(dot)Stewart(at)queensu(dot)ca, Queen's Faculty Recruitment and Support, Office of the Provost and Vice Principal (Academic), Queen's University, Richardson Hall, Suite 252, Room 218
Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6
Tel:613-533-3167 Fax:613-533-6263
Last Modified: 2014-04-07 11:16:09

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000