Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Determine where you can apply for the work permit

Citizenship and Immigration offers the following options, described under "Determine your eligibility - Work in Canada"

Incoming Queen's faculty appointees can apply at a Point of Entry (PoE)* to Canada if they fulfill all three requirements noted below:

*PoE can be an airport or land border crossing

  • you are a citizen of a country that is temporary resident visa exempt 
  • you have a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Queen's or don't need a Labour Market Impact Assessment because you are a CRC or CERC or Post-Doctoral Fellow, or are applying under NAFTA or the Canada Chile trade agreement.
  • you do not require a medical


NOTE: Please read the section on who requires immigration  Medicals

Faculty appointees must apply at a Canadian Visa Post outside of Canada if any of the points below apply:

If one or both of the above applies to you, you must apply in your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted for at least a year. 

IMPORTANT: Different visa posts have different requirements and different processing times - be sure to check the web site of the visa office where you are entitled to apply as this may affect your start date.


You may be able to apply online, please refer to the CIC website for application details.

Contact us at: Monica(dot)Stewart(at)queensu(dot)ca, Queen's Faculty Recruitment and Support, Office of the Provost and Vice Principal (Academic), Queen's University, Richardson Hall, Suite 252, Room 218
Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6
Tel:613-533-3167 Fax:613-533-6263
Last Modified: 2015-01-06 10:50:44

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000