Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

How long will the Permanent Residence application process take?

The P.R. process requires extensive documentation for the faculty member and all dependents.

If you have lived in numerous locations for more than six months after the age of 18, it may take considerable time to assemble the documents, as you will need criminal record checks(police certificates) from each location. Faculty members who have spent time in certain countries (China, South Africa) have reported that these countries are very slow to process requests for police checks. If you need information about where to have fingerprinting done in Kingston, please contact the Faculty Recruitment and Support office.

Materials documenting your work experience must be made available in professional English or French translation. For information on translation services, please contact the Faculty Recruitment and Support office.

Check CIC's Application  processing times under "Processed in Canada" for current processing times.

Medical exams will be requested by the visa office once processing of your application has started. If you need information about where to access medical services for CIC purposes in the Kingston area, please contact the Faculty Recruitment and Support office.


Contact us at: Monica(dot)Stewart(at)queensu(dot)ca, Queen's Faculty Recruitment and Support, Office of the Provost and Vice Principal (Academic), Queen's University, Richardson Hall, Suite 252, Room 218
Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6
Tel:613-533-3167 Fax:613-533-6263
Last Modified: 2013-06-06 16:15:09

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000