Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Work Permit Renewal (Extend your stay in Canada)

When you signed your letter of appointment you agreed to apply for Permanent Resident (P.R.) status as soon as possible. The work permit you received through the Temporary Foreign Worker program gives TEMPORARY status only. Failure to apply for Permanent Resident status in a timely manner will result in the government directing the university to re-advertise the position to find any Canadians or Permanent Residents who may qualify.

If lengthy P.R. processing times make it necessary to renew your work permit please take these steps:

  • At least 6 months prior to the permit expiry check CIC's Processing Times under the heading "Applications Submitted Inside Canada/Work Permit/Same Employer". Sudden spikes in processing times often occur in summer.
  • If you obtained your initial work permit with an LMIA read about how to get a new LMIA at Queen's
  • Review application forms and guides for extending your stay in Canada on the CIC web site.

Once you have received your new work permit:

Contact us at: Monica(dot)Stewart(at)queensu(dot)ca, Queen's Faculty Recruitment and Support, Office of the Provost and Vice Principal (Academic), Queen's University, Richardson Hall, Suite 252, Room 218
Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6
Tel:613-533-3167 Fax:613-533-6263
Last Modified: 2014-07-03 10:26:51

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000