Faculty Relations Office
As a part of the Office of the Provost and Vice-Principal (Academic) the Faculty Relations Office provides advice and services supporting positive employment relationships with academic staff of the University including faculty, librarians, archivists, adjuncts, clinicians, post-doctoral fellows, teaching assistants, teaching fellows and senior academic administrators.
Our activities include:
- advice and guidance on appointment, renewal, tenure and promotion processes
- advice and guidance regarding the administration of collective agreements with academic staff
- assistance to academic administrators on employment related matters pertaining to academic staff
- assisting academic units with new Faculty onboarding and orientation, including personalized, confidential assistance to new faculty members regarding all aspects of family relocation
- the administration of faculty compensation
The Faculty Relations Office negotiates and administers collective agreements on behalf of the University, and is the University's primary point of communication with QUFA and PSAC Local 901. We also take an active role in education and training regarding the administration of academic staff collective agreements that come under the mandate of our Office.