January Month End Reminder
This is a reminder that, in accordance with the month end schedule posted on the Financial Services website, the fiscal period of January 2012 is scheduled to close on Tuesday, February 7th.
Please note the following:
- Any paper journals that require processing by Financial Services, must be received in the Financial Services office no later than 3 business days prior to the month-end processing date listed above.
- In order for a journal entry to be included in the fiscal period as of the closing date, it must be approved, pass both edit checks (header status edit and budget checking edit where applicable), and be posted in PeopleSoft. Departments that are entering journal entries are responsible to review their journals the next day, after the overnight edit process has taken place, and ensure that the header status is “V” for “Valid”. If the journal entry involves research projects, 3 business days must be allowed for any budget errors to be corrected, in order for the journal entry to be posted by the closing date.
- If your journal has been saved in incomplete status, please ensure that your entry is completed and un-check the “Save Journal in Incomplete Status” button in order to allow PeopleSoft to post your journal entry.
- If your journal contains errors, please ensure that the errors are corrected and that your journal entry then edits and posts successfully.
- If your journal did not pass budget checking, please follow up with the appropriate Research Accounting staff member.
If any of the above is not completed by Tuesday, February 7th, you will need to copy your journal to the next month and delete the current period journal entry.
Notification will be sent once the January ledger has been closed.
Please direct all questions to Financial Services Support Centre, either by calling (613) 533.6000, ext. 77900, or by filling out the online help form (http://www.queensu.ca/its/apps/forms/finance/finance.php).
Queen’s Financial Services