A department represents any divisional breakdown of an entity into units.
Request of Department ID – Required Criteria
- An ongoing distinct activity for the foreseeable future
- A separate budget attributed to the activity
- A manager/head/director is responsible for the proposed department
To request a new Department ID, complete a ChartField Request Form and forward it to your Department/Faculty Unit Financial Contacts (Business Officer) for approval.
Other Relevant Information
- System access is granted at the Department ID level
- Department ID is shared amongst all PeopleSoft modules (i.e. Finance, Human Resources, and Student Financials)
- To view the most recent list of Department IDs, refer to the FAST Departmental Listing report found in the Public Pinned Reports section
- For additional information regarding Department IDs, contact email@example.com