Employee Departure Task Force Preliminary Report
- To integrate a program with other cost reduction/revenue increase options to meet budgetary requirements.
- To educate employees on 2009 retirement options as soon as possible.
- To develop a model Voluntary Workforce Reduction Program, estimating costs of voluntary departures, the number of employees who may wish to access it, and cost/benefit to Queen’s.
- Reduction solely for cost purposes versus reduction based on existing redundancies or program needs, as may be the case in particular faculties/departments.
- Existing support staff workloads.
- Internal mechanisms available to reconfigure departmental structures where appropriate.
- Any Voluntary Workforce Reduction Program should include a "mutual benefit" clause, i.e. final approval remains with Department Head/Dean as to whether someone may be considered.
Cost estimates based on modelling of Voluntary Workforce Reduction Program.