The Principal's Task Force on Enrolment met several times early in the academic year and reviewed the following documents and reports:
- The Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) "Trends in Higher Education: Volume 1. Enrolment";
- An Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) summary of "Applications and Acceptances 2003 to 2007" for all Ontario universities;
- The "Report of the Enrolment Planning Task Force 2000; and
- Queen's Enrolment Plan 2008/09 - 2009/10.
- Jo-Anne Brady, University Registrar
- Janice Deakin, Dean, Graduate Studies and Research
- Patrick Deane, Vice-Principal, Academic (Chair)
- Donna Janiec, Budget and Risk-Management
- Alistair MacLean, Dean, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Karilene Montgomery, Office of the Vice-Principal, Academic (Secretary)
The Principal requested that the Enrolment Task Force focus on:
- Enrolment targets at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- The implications of growth or lack of growth;
- Shifts between discipline areas and potential areas of growth or decline; and
- Constraints on growth.