Departmental Student Council (DSC)
Chairs for 2010-2011:
Chairs report to the ASUS Academics Commissioner: email@example.com.
The Academic Commissioner is also responsible for monthly DSC Assemblies, the DSC handbook, etc.
Visit the website for the Arts & Science Undergraduate Society (ASUS)!
contact the departmental office if you would like to contact your class representative.
Responsibilities of a DSC Chair:
- Academic liaison between students, faculty, and staff
- Organizing social events (bake sales, smokers)
- USAT evaluations
Functions of a DSC Chair:
- Elect a DSC Executive
- Elect students to serve on Departmental Committees and to serve on Faculty Board
- Deliver, with the coordination of the department, written course evaluations in all on campus courses offered within the department.
If you are interested in being a member of the DSC or would like to help with any of our activities (and/or provide suggestions for activities), please contact the DSC Chairs.
Timeline for the DSC Chairs:
|Chairs may attend weekly departmental meetings (Tuesdays, 2:30-4:00pm).
- Chairs attend monthly Faculty Board meetings.
- Chairs attend monthly meetings with the DSC Assembly.
- Contact the Arts & Science Undergraduate Society (ASUS; 613-533-6278) for tasks, responsibilities, procedures and regulations.
- Council is hired.
- Class representatives are chosen or elected.
Contact all class representatives for responsibilities throughout the year.
- Class leaders
- USAT course evaluations
- Ensure that all Fall term class reprensentatives are aware of their responsibilities and deadlines for the USAT course evaluations.
- Start considering possible candidates for Vice-President the following year (interviews to take place later in the year).
→ Organize all necessary preparations for the French Clothing
- Contact the clothing provider.
- Through the departmental office: e-mail all undergraduate student in French for the French slogan contest (the best slogan will be printed on the clothing).
- Put up posters and/or talk to classes to inform all students of the French slogan contest.
- Provide the departmental office with an updated French DSC Clothing Order Form.
- Collect funds (through the departmental office) for French clothing orders.
→ Send out an email to all undergraduate students going into their 2nd or 3rd year of a French Major or Medial to ask for applications for the position of Vice-President.
- Collect the last of the orders for the French Clothing.
- Order the clothing through the provider.
- Drop off clothing orders at the departmental office and email students to pick them up.
- Organize for the beginning of March an open Wine & Cheese event for students and profs (contact ASUS for regulations).
- Current Co-Chairs will need to run an election according to the French DSC Constitution (see the ASUS Academics Commissioner for more information).
- Chairs hired.
- Ensure that all class representatives for Fall-Winter and Winter terms of that year are aware of their responsibilities and deadlines for the USAT course evaluations.