Thursday, March 30, 2017
KINGSTON – Six recipients of the Queen’s University Prize for Excellence in Research will deliver public lectures on their research for the Queen’s and Kingston communities on April 3, starting at 4:30 pm in Grant Hall (43 University Ave.). The prize is intended to reward researchers for major contributions -- either completed in recent years or recognized in recent years -- to their field stemming from research conducted at Queen's. Each recipient will deliver a 15-minute presentation on their research, designed with a non-specialist audience in mind.
What: A public lecture series, featuring the recipients of the Queen’s University Prize for Excellence in Research.
- Gauvin Bailey (Art History and Art Conservation),
- James R. Cordy (School of Computing),
- Janet Hiebert (Political Studies),
- Myra Hird (School of Environmental Studies),
- Stephen Vanner (Medicine), and
- Virginia Walker (Biology).
Where: Grant Hall (43 University Ave.)
When: April 3, 2017, begining at 4:30 pm
Media Relations, Queen's University