Welcome to Counselling Services
While university can offer many positive opportunities for engagment, growth, and learning; it can also be a source of pressure, stress, and overwhelming experiences. Sometimes these challenges, while tough on their own, can magnify other difficulties or trigger emotional vulnerabilities as well.
At Counselling Services we are here to help. We work to foster student success and well-being while providing services that respect the values and unique needs of all people.
We are committed to providing services which respect the dignity and values of all people inclusive of age, gender, ethnicity, physical qualities, sexual identity and ability. We encourage you to come in and make an appointment.
- Rapid access
- Brief, immediate needs-focused intervention
- Multicultural focus
- Services provided in accessible formats
- Services provided within the parameters of resources available
- Provision of assessment and brief counselling for students in crisis or with acute difficulties
- On-going brief counselling
- Referral/facilitate access to community and on campus resources
- Consultation for faculty/staff
- A partner in responding to campus crises
- Training for graduate and professional students
A message from Dr. Mike Condra, Director of HCDS:
Welcome to the Queen's University Counselling Service website.
I hope that you will find useful information here about services that
we offer to students. Our counselors have a breadth of experience in
working with students and assisting them in dealing with concerns or
challenges that they experience....
[Read Dr. Condra's full message.]