Purpose of the Assessment and Evaluation Framework
- As a tool for assessing learning needs to raise self-awareness and assist in developing a customized learning plan for each trainee.
- To foster reflective thinking among trainees about one's strengths and areas of improvement.
- To provide tools that will facilitate mentoring conversations.
- To guide the curriculum development and delivery process.
- To assist in the evaluation of program outcomes and impact.
- To determine the need for and guide programmatic changes where necessary.
- For formative and summative evaluation - will be used during periodic reviews between a trainee and mentor.
For all stakeholders, the process will help foster communication between and among the trainees, mentors, and program committees.