Medical Practice and Research
This module covers basic vocabulary and key issues of health service delivery, health policy, and research ethics involving humans.
- Identification of stakeholders in health care and health care delivery
- Survey of roles and responsibilities, processes, and issues.
Module Objectives:By the end of this module, trainees will be able to:
- Identify stakeholders within health delivery.
- Discuss current Tri-Council policies and processes
- Ability to identify regulatory, policy, or ethical issues associated with one's research.
- Differentiate between the ethical issues associated with the use of animals from human subjects in research.
- Describe clinical problems relating to the diagnosis of bone and joint tissue degradation and the treatment of patients with mobility limitations.
- Evaluate the process of diagnosis and treatment from a clinical viewpoint.
- Discuss key issues in health policy and health service delivery.
- Evaluate the impact of social and economic aspects on health care and health policy.
- Classroom sessions
- Analysis of relevant case studies