Module 5: Maximizing Research Impact
Description:This module serves as an introduction to common methods and issues in evaluating outcomes in terms of patient benefit.
- Fundamental concepts in self reporting instruments, questionnaires, statistical approaches.
- Qualitative methods focus groups, in-depth interview.
- Outcome evaluation and analysis.
Instructional Goal:Trainees will gain skills in basic skills in qualitative inquiry, stakeholder identification, questionnaire design, and simple qualitative data analysis.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this module, trainees will be able to:
- Justify the value of using qualitative inquiry as a research method.
- Analyze the CIHR’s “Knowledge to Action” framework
- Describe the key steps involved in Qualitative Inquiry
- Identify stakeholders involved in one’s research who may be participants and/or benefit from qualitative inquiry
- Choose to integrate Qualitative Inquiry to inform one’s research
- Face-to-face classroom session(s)
- Participation in group activities'
- Assignments and readings/case studies