Welcome to your Learning Catalogue! Are you seeking to sharpen your skills, to
deepen your knowledge, or to explore new career opportunities? Whatever your training
objectives, our service is here to help you set your professional goals.
All workshops are offered at no cost to you as a Queen's employee. Refreshments will be served at all half-day and full-day workshops. You can register for individual workshops and lunch sessions as well as for one or more of our Certificate Programs.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss an idea for a new workshop give us a call. We value your feedback and continually strive to improve our learning offerings to ensure they are meeting your professional and personal goals. Please contact Shannon Hill, Learning and Development Specialist, at extension 74175 or email at email@example.com.
Wellness Programs In addition to our professional development offerings we have an extensive list of wellness and fitness sessions offered in partnership with Queen's Athletics & Recreation. We recognize the importance of work-life balance and strive to provide staff with accessible and inexpensive programs that give you opportunities to have fun and get fit at work.
Please Note: If you register for a certificate program, you also have
to register for and complete the required workshops. The required workshops will be offered between
September and June and will be repeated in subsequent years. You do not have to complete your
certificate in one year.
New for 2012! - Administrative Professionals @ Queen's Master Certificate
This certificate is designed for administrative and support staff aspiring to broaden their career path within Queen's. The certificate bridges the APAQ certificate, provides administrative staff who have completed the APAQ with an opportunity to obtain enhanced skills in the areas of strategic thinking, building effective relationships, and business communication. It is also appropriate for experienced staff who don't require a foundational level certificate. It is composed of 10 workshops, 8 core and 2 electives. The level of complexity is suitable for staff with 5 or more years of professional experience. The workshops are customized to include Queen's specific information, providing participants with the skills and information necessary to perform to their optimum level. Facilitators are subject matter experts in their field and include both Queen's staff and external trainers.
- Expand professional networks, with opportunity to practice new techniques and share best practices with colleagues, make cross-departmental connections
- Develop strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Develop enhanced communication skills to influence others, establish partnerships, deliver business presentations, and effectively manage employer and employee relationships
- Increase awareness of the essential role that the internationalization of the workplace plays in providing superior customer service
- Acquire specialized information regarding HR best practices, finance, and budget practices that will assist with effectively managing departments
Building an inclusive environment that promotes diversity and inclusion requires the active participation of everyone on campus. The From Diversity to Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate Program is a series of courses that seeks to engage Queen's staff and faculty in conversations, discovery and learning about diversity and equity and to provide resources, knowledge, and tools required to make Queen's an inclusive campus.
It is designed to offer participants a foundational examination on the many differences that exist in our community, and to gain a greater understanding of how we can work together to build a stronger, equitable community. Participants will gain valuable knowledge and skills to work and lead in an inclusive work environment.
- Offers participants a theoretical framework for understanding equity and inclusion principles and concepts
- Helps participants develop necessary skills for equity and diversity work
- Gives participants direct experience through interactive scenarios working and communicating across differences