Staff position vacancies are posted daily and normally remain open for at least seven calendar days from the date of posting.
Applications for posted positions are accepted by email only to email@example.com before midnight on the closing date of the competition.
To comply with Federal laws, the University is obliged to gather statistical information about how many applicants for each job vacancy are Canadian citizens/ permanent residents of Canada. Applicants need not identify their country of origin or citizenship, however, all applications must include one of the following statements: I am a Canadian citizen/permanent resident of Canada; OR, I am not a Canadian citizen/permanent resident of Canada. Applications that do not include this information will be deemed incomplete.
Please follow these instructions to ensure your application receives proper consideration:
- Email Subject line: Include the Competition Number (i.e. 2013-001) and Job Title in the subject line of your email. If you are a redeployment applicant, please indicate "REDEPLOYMENT APPLICANT" in both the subject line and body of your email.
- Employee ID: Include your Employee Number in the header of your resume to ensure the proper applicant status is applied to your application (for current and former Queen's employee only). If you are a redeployment applicant, please indicate "REDEPLOYMENT APPLICANT" in the header of both your cover letter and resume.
- Attachment: Attach your cover letter and résumé as one file to the email.
- File Name: Name the document using your first and last name. For example if your name is Roberta Jones, the file should be named "JonesRoberta".
- File Format: The file must be saved in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Application Deadline: Submit your email with attachment by midnight on the closing date of the competition. Late applications will not be accepted.
Accommodation in the Workplace: The University has policies in place to support its employees with disabilities, including an Accommodation in the Workplace Policy and a policy on the provision of job accommodations that take into account an employee's accessibility needs due to disability.
The University will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please contact Human Resources Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-533-2070.
- Failure to follow the application procedures may affect your eligibility for the position.
- General applications or applications for positions that are not posted will not be accepted.
- Job postings may be removed from the website at any time.
- You must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for Queen's University job vacancies.
Questions? Contact Us