Human Resources

Human Resources

Human Resources

site header

Employee Identification Cards

An Employee Photo ID Card is issued to every eligible employee when they are first hired at Queen's University. Keep this card for the duration of your employment with Queen’s. Employee Photo ID cards should be used only by the owner of the card.

Before or on your last day of work, please return the card to your Manager. Employee cards are considered University property.

The following employee groups are entitled to an Employee Photo ID card:

  • Academic Assistants
  • Academic Related
  • CUPE Members – Locals 229, 254 & 1302
  • Faculty
  • General Staff including USW Local 2010 members, Non-USW members, ONA & OPSEU
  • Librarians and Archivists
  • Post-doctoral Fellows
  • Research Staff
  • Senior Executives

Which groups are not eligible for an Employee Photo ID card?

  • Affiliates
  • Casual Staff
  • Guests, visitors and volunteers
  • Retirees
  • Registered students working on a contract basis
What can I use my Employee Card for?

You can use your employee card for several services on-campus:

  • Security Access
  • University Library
  • Campus Food Services facilities
  • Queen's Athletic and Recreation Centre (ARC)
Reloading your Employee Card

How do I load Food Services dollars on my Employee Photo ID card?
To add money to your card, please visit Queen's Hospitality Services Staff Card Top-up page for instructions.
If you have problems adding money on your card, contact Food Services directly for assistance at or phone: 613-533-2953.

I have a student card and an Employee Photo ID card, will both cards work?
Only your most recently issued card will work for food services and any monies loaded on your previous card will automatically be transferred to your new card. Please contact Food Services at or phone: 613-533-2953 if you have any questions.

Lost or Stolen Cards

Please report lost or stolen cards immediately to Human Resources at or extension 32070, so the card can be deactivated.  If use your employee card for accessing facilities, you must notified the individual facilities so they can remove security permissions.

You can schedule an appointment to get a new Employee Card with Human Resources.  Please note there is a $20 replacement fee for this service, payable by debit, VISA or MasterCard.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
  1. What if my card is damaged?
    If your card is damaged, please contact HR to have your card replaced. The damaged card must be returned in exchange for the new card.
  2. Where should I return a found Employee Photo ID card?
    Please return found cards to Fleming Hall (Stewart-Pollock wing), HR, 1st Floor. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
  3. What if I find my old card?
    Once your employee card is reported missing, your old card is deactivated and a new card issued. Return the old card to HR.

Service Animal Cards

For employees who require the use of Service Animals during the course of their employment activities, a photo identification card can be obtained for use on Queen’s Campus to provide verification of need if requested.  To request a card, please email and a member of the Return to Work & Accommodation Services team will be in contact with you to discuss required documentation.

Related Topics