About Internal/External Applicants
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals.
internal status to be eligible to apply for internal postings.
Internal applicants are defined as:
- general staff members holding continuing appointments (full-time or part-time) who have been employed for 6 continuous months. In order to transfer (lateral transfer or promotion either within department or to another department) within the first six months of employment, the employee must have the consent of both Human Resources and the department in which the incumbent is currently employed;
- general staff members who have been employed on a term basis for 12 continuous months, including 6 months after involuntary termination (if without just cause);
- general staff members holding contract appointments who have been employed for 12 continuous months, including 6 months after involuntary termination (if without just cause);
- staff members whose present positions fall within the existing collective bargaining units and who hold continuing appointments may apply for non-union continuing positions in grades 6 and above only;
- Queen's alumni may apply for the following senior positions within the Advancement function: Director of Alumni Affairs and Associate Directors of the Department.
External applicants are defined as all individuals not specified under internal applicants.
Find application procedures...