Being Prepared to Access the System
Can you log in using your NetID and Password?
Are you using a strong password to keep HR information secure?
- Because PeopleSoft is a web-based application, strong passwords are required to protect personal and confidential data. The first time you log in to access PeopleSoft, you will not see the link to it unless your password meets the minimum strength requirements. Instead, you will see the link Change My Password.
- For more information on strong passwords, visit the QUASR tutorial on Passwords.
Do you know how to change/reset your password?
- Any time a NetID password does not meet the strength requirements and/or is more than 120 days old, the link to access the PeopleSoft application within the portal will be replaced with the Change My Password link.
- You will receive an advisory email 10 days before your password expires warning you that your password will need to be changed.
- For more information, visit the NetID Password Change page.
Are you using supported software?
- PeopleSoft troubleshooting support is available to people using the following operating systems (Windows 7, for example), web browsers (versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) and Microsoft Office Suites identified.
- Please visit the QUASR tutorial on Supported Software for more information.
Are your browser settings properly configured to use PeopleSoft?
- Make sure your browser settings are configured properly for PeopleSoft. If you are using Internet Explorer 7, there are special security settings that must be configured. Also, all browsers must be configured to enable pop-ups.
- Please visit the QUASR tutorial on Configuring Your Web Browser Settings for more information.
Return to the Human Resources PeopleSoft Checklist