- Are top-ranked researchers.
- For the past six years, Queen's has topped all Canadian universities in the number of national research awards per full-time faculty member
- Team up with small and medium-sized companies.
- Our faculty help small and medium enterprises (SMEs) invent or improve products, processes and services, reduce waste and lower operating costs.
- Work in partnership with global firms.
- Queen's faculty members work with major industry partners nearby and around the world.
- Train talented, skilled and motivated students.
- Working in close supervision with our faculty, Queen's students can help solve industry's technical challenges while learning more about how industry operates.
Our facilities and equipment...
- Bring people together and remove boundaries.
- Innovation Park at Queen's University offers space for company incubation, industrial labs, offices, networking, access to shared services and day-to-day interaction with people in other sectors.
- Produce results that help advance industry's goals.
- We have unique equipment and technical services that can be put to use to help advance business and technical goals in collaboration with Queen's faculty.
Our resource groups...
- Office of the Vice-Principal (Research) & Office of Research Services
- Queen's remains a leader among Canada's research-intensive universities, sustaining a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programs and centres of research. Currently, more than 50 Canada Research Chairs and 25 Queen's Research Chairs recognize outstanding researchers serving as Queen's faculty.
Learn more about research at Queen's...
- Innovation Park: Innovation in R&D.
- Since 2008, Queen's Innovation Park has brought together scholars and industry leaders together under one roof, combining their creative energies and fostering an environment of discovery that accelerates and supports the growth of new businesses.
Learn more about Innovation Park...
- PARTEQ Innovations: Technology Transfer
- In recent years, the impact of Queen's-based research has been strengthened through the transfer of research results to society via commercialization. Queen's, in partnership with PARTEQ, can be counted among the leaders in North America in the commercialization of university research. To search for technologies and inventions to commercialize, please visit the PARTEQ Technology Publisher
Learn more about PARTEQ...
- Bring more sources of innovation to bear for industy's benefit.
- Many of our faculty are members of industry associations, sectoral networks and academic projects that will open up a collaborative project to more sources of innovative ideas and solutions.
- Leverage investments from the private sector and government.
- As a university, Queen's can leverage financial contributions from industry, including staff time and access to facilities and equipment to seek financial support from government funding programs for teams of faculty members and graduate students to work directly on industry-driven projects.
- Bring more resources to industry.
- By partnering with Queen's University, we can put you in touch with a wide range of resources designed to help, not only with research and development, but also with business strategy, entrepreneurship, market intelligence, financing, operational issues and back-office functions.
PIVOT: Funding and researcher expertise connected...
- Pivot gives Research Administrators, Research Development Professionals, and their institutions the edge to bring together the right research opportunities, funding, and people quickly and easily. It provides global and local connections that strengthen research by exploring new avenues for funding and collaboration for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students.