Please enable javascript to view this page in its intended format.

Queen's University

Application Process

How do I apply for the International Studies Certificate?

  • As soon as you have decided that you intend to pursue the Certificate, enroll using our online form. This will enable us to plan in advance to offer appropriate options to meet your needs and monitor your progress through the program.

    Student Profile Registration Form

  • If you are an Arts and Science student and decide to complete your Study Abroad Component through a program other than the Bader International Study Centre at Herstmonceux Castle or an appropriate Queen's departmental study abroad program, ensure that you apply for an International Letter of Permission (ILOP) from the International Programs Office. Your study abroad credits will be assessed at this time, and we will confirm whether they will meet the Certificate requirements. If you are a student from another Faculty or School, consult with both your Faculty advisor and the International Programs Office. You must complete the equivalent of 6.0 approved units during your period of study abroad in order to qualify for the Certificate.

    NOTE: We strongly advise, if you change your course enrolments during your time abroad, that you contact the International Programs Office in order to confirm that your new courses will be approved for use toward the required Study Abroad Component. Failure to obtain approval for your final course selection may result in disappointment.

  • Complete a graduation application form, available from the International Programs Office, during your final term of study. Your application will be reviewed upon release of final marks to ensure that all of the requirements have been met. The Certificate will be awarded upon graduation.

Kingston, Ontario, Canada. K7L 3N6. 613.533.2000