Course Load on Exchange
Students are required to take a full course load while on exchange
- At Queen's, a full course load is 15.0 Queen's units per semester or 30.0 units for the year
- If you are meeting the course load requirements at the host university, that is considered equivalent to taking a full course load at Queen's (e.g. 60 ECTS credits is considered a full course load in most European institutions and is equivalent to 30.0 Queen's units)
- Students are encouraged to take elective courses when possible
- Transferring interdisciplinary courses can be challenging
- Courses are not always guaranteed at the host university. Be prepared to adjust your courses upon arrival. In this scenario, students are encouraged to contact the IPO with any changes, and also their undergraduate chair(s) to ensure that the newly chosen course(s) will transfer over to a Queen's credit.