KGU CCC Joint Programs for Summer 2013
From 6 July to 10 August in Japan
From 2 to 30 August (2-17 August in Canada, 18-30 August in Japan)
From 10 to 30 August in Japan
For all Programs:
- Applicants must have complete two semesters of study at their home university as of 20 June, 2013. Students who are graduating or graduate students are not eligible.
- Credits awarded by KGU will be recognized by the participating student’s home university as a transfer credit from KGU.
- Scholarships will be available. Accommodation will be fully subsidized; subject to the availability of funding from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) and the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) grant, see ‘Note’ below.).
- The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) grant for fiscal 2013 is likely to be reduced. This will require modification to these plans and/or to the subsidy available.
- Participants of CCC summer programs who have good academic standings in their home institution will be able to receive the scholarship (monthly stipend) from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). However, an official statement from JASSO concerning the number of scholarships available will not be received until the end of March, 2013. The details of the scholarship will be informed to the relevant office of home institutions as soon as it is available. For the JASSO qualifications, see the PDF document below.
Qualifications for JASSO Scholarship 2013 (58KB)