3. Global Internship
- Number of places: 20 students (4 from Mount Allison University, 6 from Queen’s University and 10 from the University of Toronto)
- Global Internships (GI):GI is a 3-week, 3-credit course (equivalent to a 3.0 unit course at Queen's) held in Japan from 10th August to 30th August. After preparatory study at KGU, 20 pairs, each composed of a student from Kwansei Gakuin University and a student from a Canadian university, will work together for a week, gaining practical experience in a real business environment (such as Panasonic, Toyota and etc.) in Japan. Internship locations will be allocated before students arrive in Japan. After completing their internship students will prepare and present a report.
- Tuition fees: Queen’s University students will pay standard tuition fees to Queen’s for the courses taken through the KGU CCC, in accordance with fees that are posted on the Office of the University Registar website for Summer Term courses in 2013. Please visit http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/currentstudents/fees.html for details (approximately $190.20 per unit for domestic students).
- Accommodation: KGU will provide the participants with shared accommodation at no charge during the program. (Subject to the funding from the MEXT, see [‘Note’].)
- Scholarship: Participants from Canadian universities will receive a scholarship of ¥80,000 from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO). (Subject to the funding from the JASSO, see [‘Note’].)
- Other costs: Each participant will be responsible for return airfares, travel insurance, meals and any travel expenses during the program.