1. Asian Studies Summer School and Global Career Seminar
Application deadline extended to April 28 2014
- Number of places: 20 students (4 from Mount Allison University, 6 from Queen’s University and 10 from the University of Toronto)
- Asian Studies Summer School (ASSS): ASSS is a 3.0 unit Asian Studies Course with focus on Japan taught in English including field study and individual research project toward the end of the course (from 28th to 31st July), offered by Kwansei Gakuin University, from 7th July to 31st July.
- Global Career Seminar (GCS): GCS is a 3.0 unit course, consisting of ten on-line and in-class sessions and a week collaborative research session at KGU, after the ASSS, from 1st August to 9th August. A total of 40 students from four universities will work together to analyze and solve real problems posed by industry representatives.
- Tuition fees: Queen’s University students will pay standard tuition fees to Queen’s for the courses taken through the KGU CCC, in accordance with fees that are posted on the Office of the University Registrar website for Summer Term courses in 2014. Please visit http://www.queensu.ca/registrar/currentstudents/fees.html for details (approximately $200 per unit for domestic students).
- Accommodation: Half of the accommodation fess are covered by the program fees. The other half of the accommodation cost will be subsidized by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
- Scholarship: Participants of CCC summer programs who have good academic standings in their home institution will be able to receive the scholarship (monthly stipend) from the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) worth ¥160,000 (¥80,000 a month). See eligibility requirements for the scholarship here.
- Other costs: Students will pay program fees of ¥95,000, which at today's exchange rate (12 Feb 2014) is approximately $1020. Please note that exchange rates fluctuate. Latest rates can be found online, for example at www.xe.com. Please see attached table for what is included and what is not in the program fees.
KGU Program Fees 2014